CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just shoot me!! Two years ago when we bought this house we knew the hardware floors needed to be redone but were just anxious to get going on all of the other remodel. We now have everything done except the basement and I told Jim that I didn't want to paint and recarpet it until the floors were done. I was overwhelmed just thinking about it. We had to move everything out of the house or into other rooms---the stove, fridge, dishwasher, toilets, EVERYTHING---which basically resembled moving and took as much effort. Jim and I worked our rears off for 3 days sanding and cleaning. We finally put the first coat of epoxy (or whatever it is) on and spent the night in a hotel because of the fumes. Came back the next day to put on the 2nd coat, but before doing so it has to be sanded again. I've had a cold during this process which left me with no energy or desire. Then Jim had to leave town for a week and I started in on the task of washing down walls--only to find that I couldn't get the dark colored paint on my walls to come clean. After several attempts and a few phone calls I found it is better to wipe them off with microfiber type clothes that aren't wet. But every room on both floors need to be completely cleaned. The task is more than I can handle. I'm still sick but can't just sit in a mess like this so I putter around. Then I look out the window and see all of the flower beds and garden that need attending to, along with the storage units I need to get swept out so they can be rented---and then there's my scrapbooking that will take years for me to complete. All I know is if these floors ever need to be done again, I'm moving. It would be easier. Sat. (May 16th) I said to heck with everything in the house and Laci and I went out and weeded, then planted the garden. We were out there all day and really enjoyed ourselves. And by the time I went to bed I felt like I could see a little tiny glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comments:

Harris Happenings said...

I want to come over and see the new floor!!